segunda-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2014

Postscript. The Hunting Man’s Health.

Postscript. The Hunting Man’s Health.


Without health there can be no sport. A man at the commencement of the hunting often requires condition more than his horse, especially if engaged in sedentary occupations, and averse to summer riding or walking. Of course the proper plan is to train by walking or riding. I remember, some years ago, when three months of severe mental occupation had kept me entirely out of the saddle, going out in Northamptonshire, fortunately admirably mounted, when the hounds were no sooner in cover than they were out of it, running breast high, five minutes after I had changed from my seat in a dog-cart to the saddle. We had thirty-five minutes’ sharp run, without a check, and for the latter part of the run I was perfectly beaten, almost black in the face, and scarcely able to hold my horse together. I did not recover from this too sudden exertion for many days. Those who are out of condition will do well to ride, instead of driving to cover.



Fonte: Tamming Horses

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário